“Mu.SA Online Conference | The future of museum professionals in the digital era”
April 15, 2020, 10:00 am | 2:00 pm
Culture Action Europe, DAISSy Research Group of the Hellenic Open University and the Mu.SA project partners have jointly taken the decision to move the Mu.SA Final Conference online. This decision has been taken following the COVID19 emergency.
The conference, initially planned for April 3, will now take place on April 15, 2020 from 10am to 2pm. To participate, please register here before April 13.
DAISSy Research Group of the Hellenic Open University and Culture Action Europe will host the event “The future of museum professionals in the digital era”.
This represent the final stage of “Mu.SA: Museum Sector Alliance” project, implemented under the coordination of the Hellenic Open University, with the participation of 11 organisations from Greece, Italy, Portugal and Belgium and supported by Erasmus+ programme.
Mu.SA project designed four new occupational profiles for the museum sector: Digital Strategy Manager, Digital Collections Curator, Digital Interactive Experience Developer and Online Community Manager and developed the corresponding learning pathways.
The project produced professional training programs consisting of a MOOC (which attracted more than 5.000 trainees worldwide) and four blended training courses in digital and transferable competences as well as in 21st century skills, open to professionals and experts of European museums and the cultural sector.
Registration is necessary here before April 13.
10.00 – 10.20 | Opening Speeches | Achilles Kameas (HOU), Tere Badia (CAE) 10.20 – 10.40 | Keynote speech | Julia Pagel (NEMO – European Network of Museum Organisations) 10.40 – 10.55 | Q&A Session 11.00 – 12.10 | The Success of the Musa project:
- Mu.SA Project Overview | Achilles Kameas and Spiros Borotis (HOU)
- Emerging Job Profiles for Museum Professionals | Antonia Silvaggi (MeltingPro)
- Mu.SA Methodology | Panagiota Polymeropoulou (HOU)
- Mu.SA MOOC | Paula Menino Homem (University of Porto)
- Mu.SA Blended Training Courses | Eleni Damianou (AKMI),
- Mu.SA Evaluation | Massimiliano Dibitonto (Link Campus University)
- Mu.SA Quality Assurance | Ivo Oosterbeek (Mapa das Ideias)
12.10 – 12.30 | Q&A 12.30 – 13.00 | BREAK 13.00 – 13.45 | The Future of Museum Professionals in the Digital Era
- Alexandre Matos (ICOM Portugal), Philippos Mazarakis-Ainian (ICOM Greece), Romina Surace (Symbola), Leena Tokila (ICTOP) moderated by Margherita Sani (IBACN)
13.45-14.00 | Q&A and Wrap-Up